HOURS Part time, weekdays negotiable, hours approx. 15 per week
FUNCTIONAL RELATIONSHIPS Directors, contracted accountant, plant operators/employees, bank, insurer, customers and suppliers
REMUNERATION Clerks Private Sector Award (level dependent upon qualifications and skills)
Manage the daily functions of the office and undertake:
1. administration duties including reception, office support for the operations supervisor, mail, filing, processing telephone orders
2. clerical functions: invoicing, payroll, accounts payable and receivable.
• Management of the daily functions of the office including mail, correspondence and administration support for the operations supervisor.
• Process payroll and associated functions such as superannuation and WorkCover premium payments.
• Receipt revenue and prepare banking.
• Process accounts receivable and payable and prepare bank reconciliations.
• Run reports for management and ensure financial recording and reporting is accurate and timely, e.g. BAS and fuel rebate.
• Ensure plant / equipment maintenance and the equipment registers are maintained.
• Maintain records and process remittance payments for regulatory purposes such as: diesel use logs, registrations, insurance, mining materials royalties, rates, leases and complete annual taxable payment reports.
• Word processing and document preparation.
• Review bank statements, reconcile general ledger entries and statements in conjunction with the accountant.
• Purchase office supplies and balance petty cash.
• Ensure the office and amenities are maintained in a clean and tidy manner.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of employee and WHS documents and manuals.
• Maintain first aid kit and fire extinguisher registers.
• Adhere to company Work Health and Safety regulations, policies and procedures.
• Report immediately all accidents / incidents in accordance with company guidelines.
• Maintain confidentially of Company and personnel information at all times.
• Other administrative functions as required and directed by the Operations Supervisor.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
• Minimum of two years’ experience in an office environment.
• Excellent knowledge of office procedures and accounting processes, ability to prepare BAS documentation.
• Proficient using Reckon or similar accounting software.
• Experienced in processing payroll, invoicing and managing accounts.
• Proficiency with MS Office.
• Accurate data entry skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to liaise with customers, staff and suppliers.
• Ability to work independently and in a small team.
• Drivers licence
INDICATIVE PHYSCIAL DEMANDS OF THE ROLE
• limited manual handling, some twisting, squatting, bending, reaching and sitting for extended periods for computer work
Applicants must address the key selection criteria in their application, include a cover letter and a CV.
• A 3-month probation period will apply.
• Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
• For more information call 0429626400.